Township of Hillside
Hillside Township Clerk
1409 Liberty Avenue
Hillside, NJ 07205
Hillside was also known as Lyons Farm.
- Along the Upper Road, History of Hillside NJ by Jean-Rae Turner (Hillside: Hillside Rotary Club, 1977).
- History of Hillside by George Coyne Woodruff (Hillside: Hurden-Looker Post 50, American Legion and the Hillside Times Publishing Co., 1935).
- Evergreen Cemetery, 1137 N. Broad St., PO Box 312, Hillside, NJ 07205. In service since 1853. Office hours 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Cemetery records housed on-site, available for searches. No appointment necessary. Research available by mail for a fee. The offices of this 115-acre cemetery are in Hillside. Famous graves include writers Mary Mapes Dodge, Stephen Crane, and Edward Stratemeyer. A few Evergreen listings.
- Lyons Farm Baptist Cemetery transcription
- Oheb Sholom Cemetery Association, 1321 N Broad St., Hillside, NJ 07205-2404. In business since 1891. Governed by Oheb Sholom Synagogue. Visiting/office hours 8:30 am to 6:00 pm. Cemetery records on-site. Contact for an appointment – searches by staff only.
Historic Sites & Museums
- Woodruff House/Eaton Store Museum, 111 Conant St., Hillside, NJ 07205
Libraries & Historical Societies
- Hillside Historical Society, 111 Conant Ave., Hillside, NJ 07205
- Hillside Public Library, 1409 Liberty Ave., Hillside, NJ 07205